Sunday, February 15, 2009


Today I packed my first kiln of the year. It was a Grey morning that brightened by 2. I saw many people walk past and offer but a confused look at what I might be doing in my dusty overcoat and Russian army patrol hat with a dog end hanging from my lip like an old git. I drank dirty tap water from an old milk carton that was three days old. The brown sediment settled to the bottom. I had a yogurt for my lunch and a cup of tea. The yogurt was reduced from 75p to 38p so I bought it. I listened only to the bird song and the pink sky at 5. I packed it with care and so it got dark. I made the jigsaw puzzle door and got dust in my eye. I stumbled around a lot. I had made my silent prayers this day for luck with my wares. As I pissed I thought I might have my ceramic elephants to bring luck to my kiln but then I remembered that if I haven't worked hard enough and I am a fool, nothing in the world is going to bless me. I shall go forth as my own saviour.





No comments: